Food and Beverage
- What does a minimum spend mean?
A minimum spend is the least amount of money you must spend on food and beverage (before taxes and service charge). We are happy to work with you to meet your minimum spend by customizing the menu and bar for your guests.
- Does the minimum spend include the rental fee?
No, the minimum food and beverage spend is separate from the rental fee, and includes all food and beverage purchased at The Barn, not including taxes and service charge.
- What if we do not meet the minimum spend?
The difference between the minimum spend and the actual spend will be billed to you as an additional room charge, plus gst.
- If we do a subsidized or cash bar, will the guests’ portion count towards the minimum spend?
Yes! Regardless of who pays for food and beverages, it all counts towards the minimum spend.
- Can I bring in my own food?
No, we do not allow outside food to be brought on the premises. We have an amazing in-house culinary team with a wide range of menu options.
- Can I bring in a wedding cake?
Yes, we allow cakes, cupcakes, and donuts, however, they must be made in a commercial kitchen and we do not store, or handle them.
- Can I bring in my own alcohol?
We do not allow outside alcohol to be brought in. We supply liquor, professional bartenders and ticket sellers. We offer a variety of bar options to accommodate all budgets and event styles.
- Do you charge a corkage fee?
No, we do not charge a corkage fee.
- May I offer a choice of entrees for my plated dinner?
Yes, you can offer a selection of entrees to your guests for an additional charge of $2/person per selection (up to a maximum of 3 choices). Selections must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to your event, and we will require a seating plan indicating your guests’ selections.
- When do you need the final head count, and what if it changes?
The guaranteed head count is due 4 weeks before your event date, with the final head count needed 2 weeks prior to the event date.
If your numbers go down, you will still be charged for the guaranteed number you provided at 4 weeks out. If your numbers go up after the 2 week due date, you will be charged for the actual number of guests and there will be a $20/person surcharge per additional guest.
- Do you offer children’s meals?
With a buffet dinner, children will go through the regular buffet line. We would be happy to discuss with you kid-friendly options for your plated dinner.
For our buffet dinners, children ages 0-3 years of age eat free, and children 4-11 years of age are half price.
- How many guests can be seated for dinner in The Wind’s Edge Ballroom?
We can comfortably seat up to 144 guests at round tables of 8 (18 tables), plus a head table, and 225 at rectangular family style tables. We love to work with you to come up with the floorplan of your dreams!
- Can I rent the space for a ceremony only?
Our rental fee and minimum spend is the same, regardless of how our facility is used.
- Can I get the facility for the whole weekend?
Our rental rate and minimum spend is by the day. If you want access to the facility prior to the event for set-up, or afterwards for takedown, the rental fee and minimum spend both apply to the additional days.
If the facility is not booked the day before your event, you are welcome to come early to set-up. However, this access cannot be granted until the week of the event.
- When do we get access to the facility?
Weekend rentals get access to the full facility starting at 11 am. Access to the Meadows Loft is available after 9 am. If earlier access is required to the Loft, a charge of $50/hour will apply, if available.
- How much time is allocated for takedown?
You are required to remove all of your décor and personal items from the premises by 2 am. An additional charge of $50/half hour will apply after 2 am.
- What is the timing for a rehearsal?
Rehearsals are not guaranteed, but if available, we can offer 1 hour – 1.5 hour timeslots for rehearsals on the Wednesday or Thursday prior to your event.
- Is a wedding coordinator included with my rental?
Because we are the venue and caterer, our focus is on the execution of those two aspects of your event. We highly encourage you to hire a wedding planner or day-of coordinator.
- Can I do my own decorating?
Yes, we encourage you to make the venue your own with florals, centrepieces and other décor! However, we only allow ceiling décor to be hung or installed by professionals.
- Do you allow open flames or sparklers?
We do not allow candles or any open flame. We do allow sparklers up to 17 inches, outdoors only.
- Do you provide a shuttle service?
While we do not have our own shuttle service, we highly recommend utilizing a professional transportation company to get your guests home safely.
- Do taxis come out to The Barn at Wind’s Edge?
Yes, taxis come out to The Barn at city rates. Unfortunately, The Barn is outside of Uber’s service area for now.
- Is the rental fee lower if we don’t book a Summer Saturday?
Yes! Not only is the rental fee lower, there is also a lower minimum spend for Fridays or low season dates.
- Are other events scheduled on the same day as my wedding?
No, we do not schedule multiple weddings on the same day. You and your guests will have exclusive, full access to the facility and grounds.
- Is the facility wheelchair accessible?
Yes, the facility is wheelchair accessible including a lift to the second level.
- How many guests can fit in the Ballroom for a seated dinner?
The Barn at Wind’s Edge can accommodate up to 225 at tables of 8.
- Is there free parking?
Yes. Our parking lot can hold up to 85 vehicles.
- Do you allow overnight RV parking?
No, we do not allow any overnight occupancy on the property.
- Is the booking fee refundable?
No, the booking fee is non-refundable. All payments made are also non-refundable.
- What is the payment schedule?
A non-refundable booking fee of $2000 is due upon booking.
Your 1st payment (25% of the room rental & minimum spend) is due 6 months prior to the event.
Your 2nd payment (25% of the room rental & minimum spend) is due 3 months prior to the event.
Your full payment and $1000 security deposit is due 1 month prior to the event.
Your final invoice is due 10 days after the event.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cheque, e-transfer or credit card, if you’d like to earn points for your honeymoon!
- What is the service charge?
All food and beverage and staffing has a 18% service charge, which includes a gratuity.
- What is the security deposit?
A $1,000 damage security deposit is required prior to the event. This is to cover potential damage by your guests and will be refunded 10 business days following the event. If any damage has occurred, you will be notified, and we will bill you for any repairs over and above the deposit.